It’s been a good weekend.
- A lovely morning run at Rutland Water Parkrun – in regular running shoes
- Bacon sandwiches
- Lots of people
- Cute puppies
- A fantastic massage
- Dinner out
- Chocolate twists from one of my marvellous nephews
- Frank Turner documentary
Sunday was slightly more relaxing, but equally full up with stuff:
- A 6.30am morning run – 3 miles of running/walking in the Fivefingers
- 2 hours at the allotment
- A couple of hours watching the F1 racing
- A spot of gardening
- Some marking and lesson planning
But what was my decision I hear you ask?
Well, my continued research into moving to barefoot running suggests it will take several weeks, if not several months, to be able to make the transition from regular running shoes without injury. So I’ve decided to focus less on running 1000 miles this year – currently on 535 miles – and concentrate on the extra rest days that the transition to the barefoot running requires. Decision made.
Also, after my first ever leg massage yesterday, I’m definitely going to be getting myself a few more of those. Another decision made.