Today was one of those days when I had 100s of pictures to choose from. It could have been any of the following:
- A picture of the rain – it was a very wet and windy morning – not the best morning for a Parkrun.
- A selfie after Parkrun looking very soggy.
- A beautiful bacon and egg sandwich for breakfast.
- A picture of ‘cool’ grandpa playing with his grandson at the park.
- A very cool groovy cabinet found and bought from a charity shop.
- A picture of dinner: Chinese takeaway.
But no, it was a present to myself that arrived by post today that won.
Yes that’s right. It is a signed copy of ‘A Lover Sings’ by Billy Bragg. Containing over seventy of his best-known lyrics, selected, annotated and with an introduction by Bragg.
“In the end it took me a dictionary,
To find out the meaning of unrequited.
While she was giving herself for free
At a party to which I was never invited.”
The Saturday Boy