Remember, remember the fifth of November,
A long day, piglet and cults.
Today was a very long and stressful day. It has felt like everything has been against me:
- I have a stack of marking that, despite my best efforts, does not seem to be going down.
- I was not really ‘feeling it’ today.
- The kids have been slightly crazy today. Even my ‘lovely’ Y11s were also not really ‘feeling it’ either. Even a spontaneous bit of Zumba in the classroom failed to shift the negative feeling that was banging around.
- iPad has less that 4% battery life left – Apple make the shortest ever charging cable in the history of the world so that it is impossible to work and charge it.
- I made an origami piglet that ‘apparently’ looks more like a rhino (see below).
- I’ve got work to do but can’t be bothered.
- The paper is rectangle and not square which is a problem for an origami master like myself.
- The dog thinks I am mean all because he is a big girl and is stressing out about the fireworks.
- Blogsy, the app I usually use for posting blogs, has decided that it wants to mess me around as well.
- All in all I am feeling very sorry for myself.
I also found out today that my sister lives in a strange town that offers sacrifices to their God in the form of rather bizarre bonfire Guys. Lance Armstrong was this year’s sacrifice, just ahead of Jimmy Savile and George Osbourne. My sister took part in last night’s procession through the streets of Edenbridge before Reverend Bonfire helped conduct some sort of mass cult prayer session before the effigy was lit to cries of “burn him, burn him!”.
I will be keeping a close eye on my sister’s behaviour in future, although the giant Wicker Man she has erected in her garden is causing some concern.
And so to Day 5 of November’s Challenge to produce one piece of origami per day. Continuing the recent animal theme, a piglet is today’s offering….
Here is Billy hiding like a girl in the cupboard because of the fireworks….
In an attempt to lighten my mood I resorted to the genius of Terry Hall, in his guise of lead singer of Fun Boy Three, that didn’t work either…..