Janathon Day 12
12 days of running on the bounce, so I am awarding myself a star:
Thursday nights are club training night, I don’t often go on a Thursday, but janathon means I have to go running tonight, so club training it was.
Shaun, one of the cubs ‘coaches’, was tonight given a new catchphrase: “Slow’s the way to go”. He is trying to encourage us to run slower, he didn’t have any problem persuading us! Not quite sure of the science behind it, but apparently it will improve your performance. So I was given a target pace of between 8.22/8.52 min per mile. I must admit it felt slightly strange running at a slower pace than I would normally, but Shaun insists that we should be running at a slower pace for around 70% of our runs.
Overall, a good training session, and remember……’Slow’s the way to go”……..
Time taken: 00:45:14
Average/Max Speed : 6.91/8.02 mph
Average/Min Pace : 00:08:41/00:07:29
Total mileage after day 12 = 44.16 miles
I’ve been reading too many blogs…..I think we have enough ‘athons’ now…..
Thanks to @GrahamBlundell , here’s a #factathon….
The longest one-syllable word in the English language is “screeched.”
And thanks to @garrylengthorn, here’s a#lyricathon…
We’ve come so far
And we’ve reached so high
And we’ve looked each day and night in the eye
And we’re still so young
And we hope for more
And the one and only #jokeathon….
|10 Reasons Not To Jog|
|1. My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She’s 97 now & we don’t know where the heck she is.
2. The only reason I would take up jogging is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.
3. I joined a health club last year, spent about 400 quid. Haven’t lost a pound. Apparently you have to show up.
4. I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I’m doing.
5. I don’t exercise at all. If God meant us to touch our toes, he would have put them further up our body.
6. I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
7. I have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them.
8. The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier.
9. If you are going to try cross-country skiing, start with a small country.
10. I don’t jog. It makes the ice jump right out of my glass.